Saturday, November 24, 2007

life saving dua

Shaddad bin Aus (ra) narrated that the Prophet (saw) said,
“The most superior way of asking for forgiveness from Allah is:

‘O Allaah, You are my Lord, none has the right to be worshipped
except You, You created me and I am You servant and I abide to Your
covenant and promise as best I can, I take refuge in You from the
evil of which I committed. I acknowledge Your favour upon me and I
acknowledge my sin, so forgive me, for verily none can forgive sin
except You.’

The Prophet (saw) added. “If somebody recites it during the day
with firm faith in it, and dies on the same day before the evening,
he will be from the people of Paradise; and if somebody recites it at
night with firm faith in it, and dies before the morning, he will be
from the people of Paradise.” [Bukhari]
I pray that Allah (swt) makes it easy for us to memorize this du’a,
and to be of those who recite it in the morning and evening, and earn
the reward mentioned in the hadith.
We all want to be of those who follow the Sunnah, so let’s start
using some of the easier ones to build up

No comments: